ALL OUT 24-36 HOUR RACE
Event Date: Saturday June 5 – Sunday, June 6, 2021
Start Time: 7:00am PDT
End Time: 7:00pm PDT
Registration Limit: 74 spots
Price: $330.00 Race Fee + $16.84 SignUp Fee ($15 per person team discount – the bigger your team the more you save)
Registration: Price increases to $360.00 after April 1, 2021 at 11:59pm PDT until May 30th
CASH will be awarded to the top three co-ed teams.
1st Place – $1000 2nd Place – $700 3rd Place – $300
The All Out 24-36 is a point to point journey from Mammoth Mountain to Bishop, CA.
This Eastern Sierra race takes you and your team through some of the most rugged and breathtaking terrain in the world. Cross the snow capped peaks, unforgiving desert, steep gorges and rushing rivers in a true adventure and discover what you are made of.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- 20 miles of kayaking (flat water and white water)
- 50-70 miles of mountain biking on road, single track and fire roads
- 30-60 miles of trail running/trekking
- Navigation/Orienteering (Map and Compass)
- Rope Challenges
- Race entry
- Maps (1:24,000 from MyTopo.com)
- Kayak/SUP (sit on top), PFD, paddles, and seats
- Bus transportation to the start line
- All insurance, permits and safety staff
- Finish line party great food and drinks
- Gear transport to and from transition areas
- Pre-Race clinic
- 24-36 hours of Adventure
- Qualifier for USARA Nationals
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – PLEASE READ PRIOR TO REGISTRATION
COVID 19 INFORMATION
Due to Covid-19 this event, like all events in the state may be canceled or postponed. We are hopeful that by June 2021 things will return to some normalcy. However, if this event is canceled due to Covid-19 we will refund your registration. This does not include runsignup.com’s fees. Due to this unknown if you are traveling from out of the area please consider getting refundable reservations for hotels, flights rentals, etc.
The Covid-19 landscape is ever changing so it is impossible to predict what the regulations will be like race day. However, the following regulations will most likely be in place unless the situation is significantly better by June.
- A Covid-19 self-exam will be completed at check in. If you are experiencing any Covid like symptoms you will not be permitted to participate.
- Your temperature will be taken at check in. Temperatures above 99 degrees will not be permitted to participate.
- Masks will be mandated whenever people are in close proximity.
- A six foot distance or grater will be maintained from all people not in the persons “Pod”
- No sharing of food or drinks outside of a person’s pod will be permitted.
- Hand sanitizer and handwashing stations will be available at all transition areas and staffed checkpoints.
- Compliance with the above and any additional regulations that are mandated by Inyo, Mono County, The State of California, The Federal Government or any other agency we are working with must be followed or you will be disqualified from the event.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR 24-36 HOUR RACE
Our 24-36 hour event is a serious undertaking that will expose you to the following but not limited hazards.
- Sleep deprivation
- All hazards associated with mountain biking, climbing, trail running and paddling
- Getting lost
- Hazardous animals
To enter this event you must check yes to each item listed below.
If you do not you will not be permitted to participate.
- Previous experience in extreme endurance events or activities (10k mud runs do not qualify) some examples:
- Other adventure races at least 12 hours long
- 100 mile Ultra runs
- Ironman length triathlon
- 24 hour mountain bike races
- Military Special Forces training
- Your teams ability to use a map and compass
- Ability to get a harness on set up and rappel safely with a back up
- Swim at least 100 yards without a life jacket
- Mountain bike technical terrain at night
- Run technical terrain at night
- Stand up Paddle
- Kayak up to class 2 whitewater
- Survive 24+ hours with no/limited sleep at 7000+ feet elevation and temps between freezing and 100 degrees.
Again, if you and your team cannot check each of these items please sign up for our 6-hour race.
The following gear is the minimum gear required for safe travel during the All Out 24.
Teams are free to bring any additional items they feel necessary provided they are not on the list of prohibited equipment.
Please keep in mind that there are no aid stations. All food and water must be carried by participants. It’s possible to stage food, water and gear in the transition areas.
- Race Bib (provided by race)
- Backpack with or with out water bladder
- Water (Expect hot and dry weather)
- Knife or multi tool
- Long sleeve shirt (wool or synthetic)
- Survival mirror
- Emergency blanket
- Orienteering Compass
- Pen or pencil
- Cell Phone (for emergency use only) Program 805 720-1245 Race Director
- Map (provided by race)
- Passport (provided by race)
- Water filter or water treatment chemicals
First Aid Kit (1 per team) We recommend Adventure Medical Kit’s Ultralight .7
- 4”x4” sterile gauze pads
- Assorted band aids
- Adhesive tape
- Antiseptic wipes
- Antibacterial cream
- Anti-inflammatory (Ibuprofen)
MOUNTAIN BIKING GEAR (per person, to be carried during all mountain bike sections)
- Approved Mountain Bike*
- Approved Mountain bike*
- Snell or ANSI approved bike helmet
- Spare tube, patch kit
- Bike pump/CO2 (1 per team)
- Tire irons (1 per team)
- Bike multi-tool (1 per team)
- Bike lights (bright enough to mountain bike at night with)
- Rear bike light (must be red)
*Bikes may be inspected at registration to ensure they are in good repair and recently tuned with reasonably new brake pads. All bikes must be approved by a race official to be used during the race. E-bikes, road or tandem bikes will not be allowed.
KAYAKING GEAR (PROVIDED BY RACE)
The kayak section items are included in race entry. Please do not bring your own life jackets or paddles
- Kayak (provided by race)
- Coast Guard Approved Life Jacket (provided by race)
- Paddle (provided by race)
- Glow stick for night paddle
CLIMBING GEAR – Each person will need the following items:
- Climbing Harness
- Rappel/Belay Device (must accommodate two ropes)
- 2 Locking Carabiners
- 1 Prusik (60″ 5mm accessory cord tied in a loop) don’t worry too much about the length as long as it is between 1.5′ and 2′ when tied
- 1 60cm sewn runner
- Helmet (bike helmet works)
- Gloves (bike gloves work)
- Additional dry clothing
- Warm clothing for after the race
- Waterproof map holder
- Long pants (highly recommended)
- GPS or other satellite navigation systems (SPOT is OK)
- Motorized equipment
- Two way radios
- Controlled Substances (prescribed medication is acceptable)
THE FINE PRINT – PLEASE READ!
We will be sending out a detailed gear list and introduction email a few weeks out (and a few days out) from the event.
If you do not receive it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to withdraw from an event you may receive an event credit to a future All Out event.
You must notify us via email at email@example.com of your intent to withdraw and meet one of the following scenarios.
1) You notify All Out Events more than 30 days prior to the start of an event weekend of your withdrawal you will receive a 100% credit towards a future event.. This credit only covers the race entry fee. Processing fees and online registration fees will not be included with your credit.
2) If you have a medical reason, you will need to provide a signed doctor’s letter advising us that you are not able to compete. This letter must be received by All Out Events at least 14 days prior to the event weekend in order for you to receive your event credit. This credit only covers the race entry fee. Processing fees and online registration fees will not be included in your credit.
If you have an injury or a member of your immediate family has a death or a medical emergency and it is within 14 days of the scheduled event yet greater than 72 hours prior to the event, you will need to notify us in writing. The race director will consider each request on a case by case basis after the event, for future All Out event credit. No credits will be issued with less than 72 hours prior written notice to event weekend.
** Returned checks or declined credit cards will incur a $20 processing fee Event Weekend- This is the day that on-site packet pick-up begins at the event. Normally, this is at least one day prior to the first race of the weekend. All written cancellation notifications to All Out Events are based on this packet pick-up date.
If you have a credit, it does not guarantee your entry into a race. You must still register prior to the event being sold out as all registrations are on a first come first served basis. These credits expire one year from issuing event. Transferring Race Entries If an applicant would like to make a change at least 14 days prior to the event weekend, this refers to switching their entry from one wave to another within an event (if there are still slots available in each wave), they may do so, keeping in mind that a processing fee will be included in that decision. The processing fee to perform a switch from one wave to another within the same event is $20.00. Thank you for respecting our policy. Participants found running under another person’s name will be disqualified and both entrants may be suspended from all events for 1 year.
All Out Events does not accept responsibility for refunds or cancellations in the event of natural or national emergencies or changes in governmental policies affecting the event course. Natural emergencies may include, but are not limited to severe weather including heavy rain, flooding, heat spells and cold spells. National or international emergencies may include, but are not limited to military conflicts, terrorist attacks, security threats, war, and heightened security alerts. In such event, there would be no refund to participants nor any reimbursement for event related expenses incurred by participants.