Find out what it takes to go from whatever you are now to an adventure race finisher!
Have questions and don’t see something we’ve covered? Let us know and we’ll make sure we do!
ADVENTURE RACE TIPS AND CULTURE
Here are some of the must-visit links on the Internet for adventure racing:
- Adventure Race Hub – An ambitious project looking to elevate the sport through information and passion; full race calendar
- Sleepmonsters – Adventure racing feed
- AR Cooperative – New project that we are a part of attempting to organize and elevate the sport
- USARA – Sanctioning body (the one we use)
- NAARS – Sanctioning body (another one)
- California Adventure Racing Association – Facebook group
- Endurance and Adventure Racing – Facebook group
- Attackpoint Forum
- Breathe Magazine
- TA1 Podcast
Other organizations near us that may be putting on adventure events:
- Orangewood Adventure Challenge (full disclosure, we are contracted to put this one on, and the entry is steep)
- Gold Rush Adventure
- Big Blue
- Endeavor Team Challenge
- Nav X
- The Ranch
Below is a directory of various articles you can use to learn as much as possible about adventure racing in general.
Most of the content was produced by Hani Juha of the now defunct California Adventure Racing Association – he has generously shared the content so that it will live on.
You can find their Facebook Group here.
These links have been minimally edited. Help updating and cleaning them up would be much appreciated.
Click below for a link to the content on each topic:
- ON FOOT
- DETAILED TREKKING CLINIC
- ON WHEELS
- DETAILED BIKING CLINIC
- ON WATER
- DETAILED PADDLE CLINIC
- ON ROPES
Some of the fine people from the glory days.